The streetscape improvement project will help to establish an attractive and functional streetscape that improves pedestrian safety, revitalises existing pathways, increases existing landscape amenity and improved the quality of the road.
The Landsborough Avenue streetscape upgrade project will include the following improvements:
- replacement of the existing median palm trees and removal of concrete planters
- upgraded pedestrian zebra crossing and new painted threshold treatments
- creation of new landscaped central median with pedestrian cut throughs
- removal of existing clay pavers and installation of new coloured or exposed aggregate concrete
- new landscaping of native coastal vegetation
- upgrade of existing drainage infrastructure where applicable
- road rehabilitation and resurfacing works
- bus stop relocation
- 45 degree nose-in parking and new motorcycle parking bays.