Council is planning to upgrade Caboolture River Road between Grant and Morayfield Roads in Morayfield to cater for growing and future traffic demands. The project is part of our rolling 10-year Capital Works Program which is informed by the Local Government Infrastructure Plan.
Construction of the project is planned to occur during 2026, subject to relevant approvals.
- Widening Caboolture River Road between Grant and Morayfield Roads to provide two lanes in each direction (four lanes in total)
- Installing additional turning lanes at key intersections
- Installing new traffic lights at the intersection of Amy and Kenneth Streets
- Upgrading the existing traffic lights at Grant Road and Morayfield Road
- Changing access at Ben Street and Lorebury Drive to left in/left out only
- Installing new cycle and pedestrian paths on both sides of the road.
View an overview map of the project(PDF, 5MB).
Council has started developing the design for the project. This process is expected to be ongoing until late 2022.
Current activities include:
- developing the preliminary design
- undertaking surveying and other investigations in the area to inform the design.
Council will be keeping the community updated as planning for the project progresses.
Planning our future transport network
Council is listening to the community and doing more to plan for our region's future growth.
This project is one of several transport infrastructure improvements being investigated to ensure the transport network provides for the needs of our communities both now and into the future. Projects are at various stages of development, and we will share more information with our communities as it becomes available.