Services for seniors and people with disability

Find out more about services within the community that assist seniors and people with disability living at home, including garden maintenance services. 

Council recommends contacting the service providers directly. They can tell you more about the services they provide and current eligibility criteria.

Neighbourhood centres

You may find more options available in your area or could seek assistance applying to the services listed by contacting the neighbourhood centre closest to you:

Neighbourhood centre Location Opening hours Contact
Caboolture Neighbourhood Centre 9 George St, Caboolture 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Thursday
(07) 5495 3818 
Bribie Island and District Neighbourhood Centre 9 Verdoni St, Bellara 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Thursday (07)3408 8400
Deception Bay Neighbourhood Centre 24 Endeavour St, Deception Bay 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM Monday - Friday

(07) 3204 2022

Redcliffe Neighbourhood Centre 1 Lamington Dr, Redcliffe 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday - Friday (07) 3284 3081
Lawnton - Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre  865 Gympie Rd, Lawnton  9:00 AM - 3:00PM Monday - Friday (07) 3889 0063
Kallangur Neighbour Centre 51 Marsden Rd, Kallangur 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday - Friday (07) 3465 3200

My Aged Care, Australian Government

My Aged Care is the starting point to access Australian Government funded aged care services. The My Aged Care provides:

  • information on the different types of aged care services available, such as help at home, short-term care, and aged care homes
  • an assessment of needs to identify eligibility and the right type of care
  • referrals and support to find service providers that can meet your needs
  • information on what you might need to pay towards the cost of your care.


To be eligible for Australian Government My Aged Care services, people must:

  • be aged 65 years or older (50 years and older for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people)
  • require assistance with day to day activities.

How to apply

Applications may be made by phoning My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Monday - Friday and 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Saturday or via the My Aged Care website.

Queensland Community Support Scheme, Queensland Government

The Queensland Community Support Scheme (QCSS) can provide assistance to help you to continue living safely in your home and to actively participate in your community.


You may be eligible for the QCSS if you are under 65 years old (or under 50 years old for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) with: 

  • a disability (and are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme)
  • chronic illness, mental health or other condition
  • other circumstances that impact your ability to live independently in the community.

How to apply

Applications may be made:

A referral is not required.

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

The NDIS provides funding to eligible people based on their individual needs.


  • be under 65 years
  • be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a Protected Special Category visa
  • have a permanent and significant disability.

How to apply

Contact your nearest Local Area Coordinator or the National Disability Insurance Agency by telephone 1800 800 110 or visit their website.

Carers Queensland is the Local Area Coordinator in the Moreton Bay Region.

Level 5, 10 The Corso, North Lakes 

8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday

1300 999 636 or (07) 3384 1600  

Home Assist Secure, Queensland Government

This service provides safety-related information, referrals and subsidised assistance.


  • be aged over 60 years or of any age with a disability
  • a pensioner concession card holder
  • unable to complete the work yourself because it requires technical expertise or is a risk to your health and safety
  • unable to have the works completed through alternative assistance

If you are eligible, you may receive a financial contribution towards labour costs for minor home maintenance or modifications that both:

  • relate to your health, safety or security
  • need to be done so that you can remain at home.

How to apply

Visit the Home Assist Secure website for more information.

You may also contact a local Home Assist Secure service:

My Community Directory

Still have not found what you are looking for? The service that you are seeking may be listed on My Community Directory.

Moreton Bay Regions “My Community Directory” is a free online directory of community groups, clubs, services and facilities. It is designed to connect people with local health, social and community services and activities.

Local businesses

There are also many private providers and businesses that provide home and garden maintenance services for a fee. Search the Moreton Daily business directory for local businesses.

Visit gardening businesses for a list of business that provide gardening services advertised on the directory.

Download the Community Development - Home Assistance(PDF, 636KB) information sheet.