Innovation and entrepreneurship
Knowledge, innovation and entrepreneurship is one of the four pillars of the Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDS). The strategy will drive a bigger and bolder region and a brighter future for residents.
The strategy’s action plan will help develop the region’s innovation capacity and capability. It will also further our innovative reputation to become a top 10 Regional Innovation Hub.
Innovate Moreton Bay
Council has partnered with Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism (MBRIT) to provide specialist innovation and growth services to foster the region’s entrepreneurial spirit, under the Innovate Moreton Bay program.
Supporting the region’s start-ups, scale-ups and providing access to resources will enable locals, including our youth, to prosper and build the capability to compete successfully in global markets.
Who can access these services?
- Early-stage technology companies at various levels of scale-up development.
- Established medium to large scale local companies seeking specialist innovative support.
- Local small to medium enterprises (SMEs) looking to develop and implement growth or innovation initiatives.
- Young entrepreneurs seeking the support of a dynamic ecosystem.
Learn more about the Innovate Moreton Bay program via the media announcement on Tuesday 8 March 2022.
Become a mentor
We are continuously recruiting mentors (Moreton Mentors) all year-round to help us deliver programs and initiatives for Moreton Bay Region's Innovation ecosystem.
- Are you a leader of you field and want to give back to their community?
- Do you have the skills and expertise to lend a hand to others?
- Can you ignite imaginations?
- Can you help build the confidence of a newcomer to take the plunge into an exciting future?
In return, you will benefit from:
- Developing your own mentoring, communication and leadership skills.
- Enhancing your cross-cultural competence by working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Improving your understanding of the issues and barriers experienced by newcomers in Moreton Bay Region.
- Networking opportunities with other likeminded individuals and mentors.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please complete an expression of interest, or contact the Regional Innovation Coordinator.
Request a speaker
Council has a strong emphasis on supporting our region’s innovation ecosystem. We can provide assistance to businesses and schools to promote innovation programs and opportunities.
Contact the Economic Development Department for more information.
Get in touch
Council has an ongoing program to support innovation across the Moreton Bay Region and will always consider additional innovation programs and opportunities on an ongoing basis. New opportunities will be assessed on:
- demand for the services or program
- the provider’s track record
- potential partners
- alignment to the Regional Economic Development Strategy.
Learn how to do business with Council.