Administrative action complaints
Council welcomes feedback and complaints to continually improve its processes and service delivery.
Council has established an Administrative action complaints policy for dealing with and resolving administrative action complaints. The policy has been developed to provide consistency and fairness when dealing with administrative action complaints, with a focus on:
- promoting the fair, efficient and consistent treatment of complaints about the administrative actions of the Council
- detecting and rectifying administrative errors
- identifying administrative practices which can be improved by Council
- raising greater awareness of the complaints process with Council's staff and the community
- enhancing the community's confidence in Council's complaints process
- building the capacity of staff to effectively manage complaints and foster an attitude of continuous improvement.
Complaints that fall under the terms of the policy must be actioned in accordance with the policy.
How to lodge a complaint
A complaint may be made in any of the following ways:
The Council recommends that you complete and submit the Council's Administrative action complaint form(PDF, 68KB). Written complaints should be addressed to the CEO.
Anonymous complaints will be accepted.
Any personal information that you provide to Council will be handled in accordance with Council's Information Privacy Plan(PDF, 339KB).
If you require interpreter service, or have special communication needs to complete an administrative action complaints form, contact Council for assistance.
How long will it take?
Council will endeavour to meet the following timeframes when dealing with a complaint:
- Urgent matters - within seven business days
- Non-urgent, internally investigated complaints where the complaint is not considered to be complex - within 25 business days; and
- Complex or externally investigated complaints - within 45 business days.
The timeframe for dealing with a complaint is measured from the date the complaint is received to the date the complainant is informed of the decision for the complaint.
If you require further information, contact Council.