Council invites you to participate by giving us your views, opinions or comments. While anyone can view these communication channels, you must register for each service to participate.
- Follow Moreton Bay Regional Council on Facebook to stay up to date with local events, council services, community notices and updates in the Moreton Bay Region.
- Follow the Libraries Facebook page for more information on their wide range of programs and events.
- QSEC's Facebook page keeps you up to date with latest news and upcoming events.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is subject to the Information Privacy Act 2009 and is committed to respecting your privacy. We therefore ask that you respect the privacy of others when posting in our social media channels. Council records all information posted and uses that information for record-keeping and for considering and/or addressing any comments made. If you have any concerns or questions, please view our privacy statement.
Attention is drawn to the Social Media section of the copyright notice, i.e. material posted by any other person, such as public users, is deemed to be made available by that person under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence as a condition of use of that channel.
Council may collect your personal information if you interact with Council’s social media channels. This collection will be for the purpose of improving Council’s services and may involve Council (or a third party contractor) analysing and reporting on various aspects of your personal information.
Moreton Bay Regional Council does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in photos that you post to our walls or tag us in. However, by posting a photo on our wall you hereby grant to Council a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, your photo, including without limitation in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts.
If your photo is used on Moreton Bay Regional Council's digital or social platforms, your name and/or business will always be credited. We may also choose at our sole discretion to link back to your website or business social media profile.
You can revoke this licence at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and informing us that you no longer want us to use your photo.
Views expressed in these channels by anyone other than Moreton Bay Regional Council are not Council's views and Council disclaims all liability for any such views, comments, advertising or other non-Council content. Inflammatory, defamatory, commercial, spam and comments encouraging activities illegal in Australia or that are detected as transgressing copyright or other intellectual property laws will be deleted.
Council strives to review content on a regular basis. However, there may be times when offensive comments that do not meet Acceptable Use, appear on the page before they can be removed.
Moreton Bay Regional Council’s social media channels provide information on council services, events, programs and news.
What you can expect from us
Council will reply to queries as quickly as possible, though sometimes there will be a delay in providing a full response if we seek advice from a council officer outside of the team who manages the social media channel.
If you need an urgent response or your query contains personal information, please contact Council on (07) 3205 0555 or lodge a request online.
What we expect from you
We support the Facebook Community Standards and request that visitors to our social channels do the same.
To ensure our channels are an inclusive, friendly and welcoming space for all visitors, we do moderate where necessary. We ask that when contributing your views to council social media channels, you ensure that you:
- Be respectful of others and their opinions
- Do not harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to the page or council employees.
- Do not post comments that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability.
- Do not use obscene or offensive language.
- Do not post defamatory comments.
- Do not post repeat comments continuously.
- Do not repeatedly post information which is factually inaccurate and may mislead others.
- Do not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, or advertisements.
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses in public posts or comments. Any posts or comments that violate these terms will be deleted.
Comments that do not adhere to the above will be moderated and potentially removed. Any person who violates these guidelines may be blocked from posting on council’s social media channels.
We may contact you to clarify your feedback. If you require a response lodge a request