Find out about Council's waste and recycling services, how to order bins for your property, replace a stolen bin, and have damaged bins repaired or replaced.
Learn about things you can put in your bins and how to order a larger waste bin or additional waste or recycling bin.
For bin collection:
- ensure the bin is ready for collection by 6:00 AM on your service day
- place the bin on the footpath next to the kerb, handles towards the house and about 1 metre away from another bin
- ensure it is clear of any obstacles including power poles, trees and parked vehicles
- ensure the bins are not contaminated
- do not overload the bin (maximum weight is 40 kilograms)
- close the bin lid to deter birds and animals scattering contents on the footpath
- return bins to within your property after collection.