Council consent for applications over Council-owned or controlled land

Council consent as a landowner or trustee is required for applications to use Council-controlled or Council-owned land in relation to development applications, proposed public infrastructure works, permanent road closures or road opening. To apply for Council consent, you will need to complete a 'Council consent' application online via MBRC Online services.

If you do not have an existing MBRC Online Services account you will be required to register before lodging an application.

How to apply

Step 1.Collect the supporting documents

You will need to provide:

  • relevant design plans
  • a Council development application Decision Notice or information request
  • relevant authority correspondence/approvals, if applicable.

Step 2.Complete an online application

  • Sign in to MBRC Online Services (Instructions)
  • Go to ‘Enquiries’
  • Search for ‘Corporate - Tenure Agreements’ and click ‘Start’ to begin the process
  • Select the activity - ‘Application for Council Consent’
  • Complete the questions
  • Read and accept Council’s terms and conditions
  • Payment by MasterCard or Visa is required at the time of lodgement, in accordance with Council's fees and charges.

Apply online

 Allow four to six weeks for your application to be processed.