Lost, found or impounded animals

Cat in a cage

Found animals

If you find someone's pet or see animals wandering, contact Council and provide:

  • your name and contact details
  • description of animal
  • when and where it was found
  • registration tag number if possible

Stray animals can be taken to the animal pound at Dakabin.

Impounded animals

Animals found wandering may be impounded. Impounded animals may incur charges and penalties. See fees and charges for a list of fees related to impounded animals. 

Lost animals

If you have lost an animal, you can search for or register your animal as missing on the RSPCA website. Council does not keep a register for lost or missing pets.

It is important that your animal registration details are kept up to date. To update your contact details with Council complete the following request:

Update your details

Adopt a pet

The RSPCA adoption centre is located next door to City of Moreton Bay's Animal Pound. The RSPCA is open Wednesday to Saturday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Sundays 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Closed public holidays.

Visit the RSPCA website for a list of available pets.