Planning an event in Moreton Bay
City of Moreton Bay has many locations available to organise your event. Celebrate a birthday, host a wedding, organise a school carnival or hold a festival at one of the many parks, beaches and outdoor spaces from around our beautiful region.
Council regulates activities to ensure they are carried out safely while taking other public space users and residents into consideration, and to maintain the purpose and amenity of our public spaces. Depending on the type of event you are holding, the impact on public land and who will be attending, you may need a approval. On this page, you can find out more about which approval you will need for your event.
You will not need a approval for a small gathering if your activity:
- is not for commercial purposes
- has no greater than 50 attendees
- you are using permitted structures (up to 2 marquees where each marquee does not exceed 3 metres x 6 metres in size)
- no amusement devices or amusement rides are used
- does not require vehicle access to public land, other than public car parks
- is not a wedding or a market
- does not involve the sale or supply of liquor
- does not require access to Council’s electricity or water supply.
All other events require a approval, unless they are private events on private land or public events on private land that constitute development.
Find out more about which approval you will need for your event.
If you are unsure whether you need a approval or what type of approval to apply for, contact Council on (07) 3205 0555.