A Planning certificate contains information about how the Planning scheme affects a property as of the date the certificate is requested. There are three types of planning certificates that can be requested.
Limited planning and development certificate
Contains information relating to the property with respect to planning scheme provisions, state planning provisions and designations, and infrastructure charges register. Certificates are issued within 5 business days.
Standard planning and development certificate
Includes information provided within a Limited certificate plus:
- a copy of every decision notice or negotiated decision notice for a development approval not lapsed
- details of any changes made or any extensions to the currency period
- details of any deemed approvals
- details of any decision to approve or refuse an application to amend a planning scheme
- details of any continuing approval (repealed IPA, section .1.23(1)(a)to(d)
- a copy of any compliance certificate given under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009
- a copy of any exemption certificate given under the Planning Act 2016
- a copy of any judgment or order of the P & E Court about the development approval
- a copy of any agreement about a condition of the approval
- a copy of any infrastructure agreement
- a description of each proposed amendment of a planning scheme that has been decided to proceed, but has not been adopted
- details of any current master plan.
Certificates are issued within 10 business days.
Full planning and development certificate
Includes information provided within both a Limited and Standard certificate plus:
- where a development approval with conditions is currently in force:
- a statement about the fulfillment or non-fulfillment of each condition
- if an infrastructure agreement is in place:
- details of the nature and extent of obligations under the agreement that have not been fulfilled
- details of any security provided and whether payment is required to be made under the security
- advice of any prosecution for a development offense that Council is aware of and proceedings for a prosecution
- if a master plan applies and contains conditions:
- a statement about the fulfillment or non-fulfillment of each condition.
Certificates are issued within 30 business days.