Petitions to Council must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- the petition must be prepared in the adopted template(PDF, 45KB) and comply with the general standards
- the principal petitioner must reside within the Moreton Bay Region
- only Queensland residents are acceptable signatories.
Petitions which do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be accepted. This includes petitions received via other online platforms.
Petitions must adhere to the following general standards and must:
- be about a matter which the Council has the power to act
- contain a cover page detailing the request, suggestion or grievance and the name of the principal petitioner. It should be noted that the name of the principal petitioner will be made available on Council’s website (once the petition has been tabled)
- be written or printed in English and contain page numbers on each page (e.g. 1 of 5, 2 of 5 ...)
- be conveyed in a clear and concise manner (free from erasures or alterations)
- not contain language which is defamatory, offensive, or likely to be offensive to any member of the public
- not breach the privacy of others
- be signed by at least 10 people (who are residents of Queensland), clearly stating their name and address.
Council reserves the right to review any submitted petitions to ensure compliance.
Documents which do not meet the eligibility criteria and general standards will be received as an item of correspondence and will be dealt with in accordance with the relevant Council policy, directive, procedure or guideline.