Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards
Council is proud to partner with Telstra to deliver the 2022 Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards (MTIA) for students in years 9-12 at a school in the Moreton Bay Regional Council Local Government Area.
By partnering with Telstra, the Awards program will help students learn, explore and develop their entrepreneurial passions by bringing creative ideas to life, and connecting students with industry mentors to develop their skills and promote critical thinking relevant to the industry.
This project directly aligns with Council’s Regional Economic Development Strategy 2020 - 2041 and two of the strategy’s four pillars - Industry Advancement and Knowledge, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
The Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor's Telstra Innovation Awards 2022 aim to:
- nurture the knowledge of the young people in our region
- encourage students to be innovative & collaborative by encouraging teamwork between students
- highlight the importance of study in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields for the future of the Moreton Bay Region – building a knowledge-based economy
- foster a culture of entrepreneurship amongst young people in the region through connecting them to opportunities e.g. access to mentors in the business community and other support channels. This provides students with valuable experience and knowledge regarding entrepreneurship at a local level and incentivising students to take risks by making their own decisions to explore different opportunities.
We are looking for a new and creative use of technology or a new technological idea. This could be:
- a new app, new concepts in social media, a design and engineering project, gaming technology or robotics. It could be a smarter phone, watch or digital camera
- a new idea for transport, health, agriculture, cyber security, conservation, construction, energy or recreation
- the use of existing technology in a new way to solve a community, environmental or business challenge.
The possibilities are endless... and that is what makes these awards so exciting!
Prizes and awards
- Over $10,000 in prizes up for grabs.
- Prize packs for first, second and third placing teams and their schools.
- School trophies for the top three placing teams.
- Award for Emerging Entrepreneur of the year.
- Certificates for all finalist teams.
Applications to be a part of this exciting program will open in early 2022 - keep an eye on this page for regular updates and for important information and resources about the competition.
Follow, share and celebrate #TeamMoretonBay.
Get in touch
Want more information on how to get started? Would you like the project team to come and present at your school? Want to know how to get involved in the program?
For more information about the awards program reach out to the project team at email@example.com. Be sure to include your contact details and our team will get in touch with you.
|Tuesday 1 February 2022 (Term 1, Week 2)
|Thursday 31 March 2022, 11:59 PM
||Phase 1 competition entries close
|Thursday 21 April 2022
||Finalist Teams announced and Phase 2 of the competition begins
|Thursday 28 April 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
||Mentoring session 1
|Thursday 5 May 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
||Mentoring session 2
|Thursday 12 May 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
||Mentoring session 3
|Thursday 19 May 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
||Mentoring session 4
|Thursday 9 June 2022, 11:59 PM
||Phase 2 competition entries close
|Wednesday 22 June 2022, 6:00 PM
||Live Pitch and Awards Ceremony
All dates will be confirmed closer to the launch of the program, and event organisers will make every effort to host these events in-person, in accordance with and subject to COVID-safe requirements of the day.