Back a local
What is 'Back a local'?
Here in Moreton Bay, we’re big in size but even mightier in heart and community spirit, we embrace a sense of community that can rival even the smallest of towns.
Since the introduction of our local preference policy in 2020, Council has been backing a local, continuing to make our region bigger, bolder, brighter.
Team Moreton Bay are rallying locals to #backalocal and support local businesses as we come together as a community to help those that need it most and actively make a choice to spend money with local businesses.
So, next time you go to pull out your wallet, we encourage you to think local first – and eat, drink, shop, play, spend and back a local business.
#backalocal – It’s the Moreton Bay way!
How to get involved?
We want to see you #backalocal - Moreton Bay locals supporting Moreton Bay local businesses. Join the cause and pledge your support in 2022 by:
- following, sharing and celebrating #backalocal by downloading the social media tiles and sharing them on your social media
- keeping an eye out for social and other media, and re-share the messages with your customers and networks
- printing out the poster and placing it in your shop-front
- thanking your customers. When you have a customer, thank them for shopping local, and encourage them to support more local businesses
- getting in touch with us to share your story about how your business supports local and is doing business in these difficult times.
To join the cause and pledge your support in 2022 download a range of free resources to help spread the message, including a printable poster to display in your business.
You can also use our #backalocal Facebook profile frame.
Follow, share and celebrate #backalocal.
For help with the resources or enquiries about Back a local, email the Economic Development Department.