MB+ Customer Service Initiatives
The Planning and Economic Development Division has been working hard on a range of initiatives to improve our customer service and experience. We are therefore proud to launch our Customer Service Initiative - aligning our products and services to our customers’ expectations.
This commitment commenced in 2015 with an inaugural customer survey which interviewed a sample of over 190 randomly selected customers. This feedback informed a range of new initiatives that have over the course of 2016 been implemented to respond directly to this and ongoing customer feedback. The survey findings and the customer driven initiatives delivered as a direct result, are contained in our Customer Survey Newsletter and Customer Commitment Report 1 [PDF 1.1MB].
As a result of the 2015 feedback we have established and now published measurable and meaningful performance targets to continually improve overall customer satisfaction levels and performance accountability. These benchmarks are set out in the Division’s Customer Service Charter [PDF 300KB]which will continually evolve year on year as performance objectives are achieved and in response to ongoing customer feedback. You are welcome to provide direct feedback by using our online feedback anytime you would like.
We are excited and proud to stand by our commitment to our customers and continue to look for ways to improve our service delivery
Developed in response to customer feedback in an effort to continually improve overall customer satisfaction levels by measuring and being accountable for our performance.
Providing our customers with an annual survey opportunity to provide feedback on our performance. Our Commitment Report then measures our performance against our Customer Service Charter key performance indicators twice a year.
Online link so you can provide real time updates of our performance against the customer service objectives contained in the Charter.
Development Services Initiatives
Over the 2016 year we have introduced a number of initiatives to improve communication, access, certainty, and transparency. These include:
- Better communication standards
- Third Party Certification for Plan Sealing and Operational Works
- List of Accredited Consultants
- Simplified Fees & Charges
- Pre-lodgement Evolution
- Electronic Development Application Lodgement
- Online Fee Calculator
Strategic Planning Initiatives
The Strategic Planning Department is consistently refining and improving its programs which include but not limited to:
- Maintaining a contemporary Planning Scheme including rolling Planning Scheme Amendments
- Establishment of an Industry Reference Group
- Launch of the Open Data Portal
- Introduction of Map Challenge Process
- Engagement of the Residential / Industrial Supply/Demand Studies
Economic Development & Events Initiatives
Economic Development and Events program have a number of new initiatives underway which include:
- Moreton Bay Regional Economic Development Strategy
- Redcliffe Peninsula Foreshore Masterplan and Activation Strategy
- Development Incentive Policy
- Moreton Bay Innovation Awards
Software requirementsSome documents linked from this page may require additional software.
More information and resources