Commercial vehicle access

To access Council land with a commercial vehicle, you may need a permit. Moreton Bay Regional Council grants permits when vehicle access is required for approved purposes and it will not cause damage to parks or public land. You may need a permit for: 

  • access to jetties (for delivering goods to a boat or setting up fireworks etc) 
  • beach access (commercial fishermen) 
  • helicopter landings.

Moreton Bay Regional Council regulates these activities to ensure they are carried out safely while taking other park users and residents into consideration.  

You will need to submit an application at least eight weeks before you need commercial vehicle access. Applications can be accepted up to 12 months in advance. This allows time to review your submission, request any further information, conduct a final assessment and make a decision.   

Commercial fisher access is only permitted at Red Beach and Skirmish Point, Bribie Island, and Suttons Beach, Redcliffe. Permits for the general public to drive on the beach are issued by Queensland Parks and Wildlife.

If you require temporary access to your property via a park or other Council land, contact Council.

How to apply

Step 1.Take out public liability insurance

Evidence of a current Public liability insurance policy to the value of $20,000,000 should be provided with your application.

Step 2.Collect supporting documents 

  • copies of current vehicle registration certificates for all nominated vehicles
  • copies of comprehensive insurance documents
  • evidence of a current Queensland Commercial Fisher Licence (if applicable). 

Step 3.Complete an application form  

Download and complete the Commercial vehicle access(PDF, 785KB) application form; or
Download and complete the Jetty vehicle access(PDF, 349KB) application form.

Submit your application with supporting documents using any of the below options: 

  • by post: mail to Moreton Bay Regional Council, PO Box 159 Caboolture QLD 4510
  • by email:
  • in person at a customer service centre. 

Step 4.Pay a non-refundable application fee 

In accordance with council's fees and charges, the costs are:

Commercial Vehicle Access

  • a T938 non-refundable application fee

This fee is payable at the time of application. Council will contact you to organise payment. 

  • a T937 annual commercial fee
  • a T939 annual renewal fee

This fee is charged upon approval and annually on 30 September.

Jetty - Commercial Use

  • a daily $183.60 jetty commercial use fee
  • an annual $579.40 jetty commercial use fee
Charities and not-for-profit organisations are exempt from paying fees. Evidence must be provided. 

How long will my application take to be assessed?

Once all supporting documents have been provided, your application will be reviewed and assessed for approval under Local Law No 1 (Administration) 2011. Schedule 18. 

Initial assessment of your application may take up to five business days. We may go out to consultation with key stakeholders.  

It may take up to 30 business days from initial assessment to decision once all supporting documents have been provided.