The Red Bench project is an initiative of the Red Rose Foundation to raise awareness of domestic and family violence and build a permanent reminder that domestic and family violence occurs within all communities.
Council supports the campaign and has provided 12 red benches throughout the Moreton Bay Region.
While we don’t recommend visiting the benches right now, these benches will be the starting point for change in our region by sparking much-needed discussion about the effects of domestic and family violence on the community.
You can find a red bench at the following locations:
- Bongaree Jetty precinct, Toorbul Street, Bongaree
- Arthur Hayes Community Complex, Raymond Terrace, Deception Bay
- Caboolture Town Square, King Street, Caboolture
- Lake Eden precinct, Memorial Drive, North Lakes
- Henry Pieper Park, Anzac Avenue, Kippa Ring
- John Oxley Park, Marine Parade, Redcliffe
- Corner of School Road and Anzac Avenues, Kallangur
- Gympie Road, Strathpine (near the Court House)
- Moreton Bay Regional Council Strathpine Administration Building, Hall Street, Strathpine
- Ferny Way, Ferny Hills
- Narangba Town Square, Young Road, Narangba
- Archer Street, Woodford
Visit the Red Rose Foundation website for more information.