Display of goods

The display of goods (for sale or hire) on roads or other local government controlled areas requires an approval under Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011.  This may include a stand or display of goods for sale on a footpath, immediately outside a local shop or business.  For example, bicycles on the footpath outside a bicycle shop.

Customers wanting to display goods on Council land should lodge the Display of commercial goods on council controlled land application(PDF, 310KB) and pay the relevant fee.

Applicants are required to demonstrate that the display will not create a safety risk and must submit evidence of $20 million public liability insurance.