Commercial licence agreements

Council considers applications for commercial licence agreements for short-term access, occupation or storage of equipment/machinery over Council-owned or Council-controlled Land, including in conjunction with a development but not including parks or road reserves.  To apply for a commercial licence agreement, you will need to complete a 'Licence - Commercial' application via MBRC Online services.

If you do not have an existing MBRC Online Services account you will be required to register before lodging an application.

For temporary storage of items such as skip bins or shipping containers on Council land, refer to Storing goods on Council land including parks, footpaths and road reserves

How to apply

Step 1.Collect the supporting documents

You will also need to provide:

  • relevant design plans
  • Council development application Decision Notice or information request, if applicable 
  • relevant authority correspondence/approvals, if applicable.

Step 2.Complete an online application

  • Sign in to MBRC Online Services (Instructions)
  • Go to ‘Enquiries’
  • Search for ‘Corporate - Tenure Agreements’ and click ‘Start’ to begin the process
  • Select the activity - 'Licence - Commercial’
  • Complete the questions
  • Read and accept Council’s terms and conditions
  • Payment by MasterCard or Visa is required at the time of lodgement, in accordance with Council's fees and charges.

Apply online

 Allow four to six weeks for your application to be processed.

Obtain public liability insurance

Evidence of a current public liability insurance policy to the value of $20,000,000 will need to be provided with approved applications. The insurance policy must be in the same name as the applicant. Any other party or provider associated with your application should also have public liability cover and provide evidence of this cover to the applicant.