The objective of the project is to provide a facility which can accommodate use by a number of local community groups.
The project has originated from a need for a men’s shed and space for a women’s nest as well as community request for more art and youth activity space. The design incorporates multi-use meeting and activity spaces for art and craft activities as well as seniors and youth activities such as board game nights.
The facility will also incorporate a large work shed with amenities and storage facilities. It is envisioned this space will be used for activities such as a community shed, tool library, repair cafe or similar activities.
The project will include:
- a fit-for-purpose community facility to be utilised by community groups
- spaces that will provide opportunity for separate meetings and multiple independent gatherings
- two large multi-purpose meeting rooms, with dividing operable wall to create one larger space
- provision of safe access by people with disabilities
- separate amenities for each tenancy
- deck and verandah spaces that will enhance amenity of the facility, providing breakout spaces from internal tenancy areas
- space for community enterprise, e.g. community coffee cart
- additional storage and amenities attached to the community shed.
- Security control panel relocation to existing shed to be retained
- Electricity connection directly to existing shed to be retained