Organising an event
The Moreton Bay Region has many scenic locations open to the public for event hosting. Celebrate a birthday, host a wedding, organise a school carnival or hold a festival at one of the many parks, beaches and outdoor spaces from around our beautiful region.
Council regulates these events to make sure they are carried out safely and are considerate of other residents and visitors. Depending on the type of event you are holding, the impact on public land and who will be attending, you may need a permit. On this page, you can find out more about which permit you will need for your event.
You will not need a permit if your activity:
- has less than 50 attendees
- has a minimal set up, such as marquees*, tables, and chairs
- does not require vehicle access to park
- does not require access to Council’s electricity or water supply.
* One marquee (3 metres x 6 metres or under) is allowed, provided it is weighted to manufacturer’s instructions. Pegging of any structures is not permitted.
Depending on the type of event you are holding, the impact on public land and who will be attending, you may need a permit. Find out more about which permit you will need for your event.
If you are unsure whether you need a permit or what type of permit to apply for, contact Council on (07) 3205 0555.