Organising an event?

An outdoor event is a planned activity or function which the public can attend, or it can be a private corporate function.

For event approvals on Council controlled land, Council has an event portal to ensure only one application is required per event.  Upon receipt of a completed application, it is circulated to various departments within Council so appropriate conditions can be applied considering local laws, traffic management, park bookings, waste requirements and other relevant matters.

Do I need to make an application?

An application to hold an event on Council controlled land is only required if any of the following criteria apply:

  • public attendance and/or ticketed event
  • food and/or drink stalls, liquor licence
  • petting zoo and/or animals*
  • electricity and/or generators
  • temporary fencing
  • fireworks
  • road and/or footpath closures
  • portable toilets
  • public address system and/or amplified music
  • amusements rides*
  • sound shell and/or stage

*Petting zoos, amusement rides and similar may require a permit and are only approved in Council parks for organised community events.  Non-commercial amusements rides (i.e. store bought jumping castles) are not permitted.  Council does not support the use of monster trucks on Council land.

Applications are not required for family or casual social gatherings in parks.

Applications are not required for showgrounds or the Caboolture Historical Village.

What do I need to provide with my application?

A site plan for your event - we recommend you visit the site prior to your application to determine how you will set the site up.  Council will use the site plan to determine what additional information may be needed and to determine if a site meeting is required.

For all events you will need evidence of public liability insurance of not less than $20 million.

A risk management plan for the event, considering traffic management, waste management, emergency first aid, emergency evacuation, setting up and dismantling plans, dust suppression, security, post event rehabilitation, noise management and wet weather may be required.  View the Community events - risk planning guide(PDF, 200KB) to assist with the preparation of this document.

Council may require evidence of your non for profit association or charity status.

How to apply

Select a suitable location

  • Council parks - designated event areas
    There are many parks identified within the region that are suited to events.  Bookable parks range form foreshores to parklands and bush settings.
  • Council parks - not designated event areas
  • Sporting fields
    Contact Council if considering using a sporting field

Terms and conditions

Read and accept the Terms and conditions(PDF, 125KB) before applying.

Apply to hold an event on Council controlled land

At least three months before the event and up to 12 months in advance.

Lodge application

Approval must be granted before proceeding with event

Council assistance for events

Council has prepared a community event guide to assist community organisations when planning, running and promoting an event in the Region.  The guide highlights key considerations for event organisers.  It also provides information and links to useful resources and support that may be available through your local Councillor.

Events held on non-council controlled land

Temporary events on private land may require a permit under Council's local law.  Refer to Temporary events on private land.