Asbestos is often found in insulation and building material in older properties. Asbestos containing material (ACM) is considered hazardous and regulated waste and has specific handling, transport and disposal requirements.
Disposal of asbestos is only permitted Monday - Friday, subject to 24 hours notice being provided.
Disposal / recycling options
These items cannot be disposed of in your wheelie bins.
Notes and conditions
- Disposal of all asbestos will incur fees.
- Disposal of asbestos is only permitted Monday - Friday. Contact council on (07) 3205 0555 or 1300 477 161 24 hours prior so arrangements can be made.
- ACM must be completely sealed and enclosed for safe transporting and disposal.
- Residents disposing over 175 kgs of ACM as the "Waste transporter" MUST hold the appropriate licence / development approval to transport ACM and present a completed Waste transport certificate at the weighbridge.
- Disposal limits apply at Dakabin and Redcliffe waste facilities - maximum 1.5 metres length and/or 100 kg.
- All loads of ACM must be weighed. The weighbridge operator will advise residents to return to the weighbridge prior to exiting the site.