A Community organisation that applies for funding must meet the following criteria:
- be based on the Moreton Bay Region and/or can demonstrate that the proposed project will benefit residents of the Moreton Bay Region
- have $20 million public liability insurance if required by Council
- have no outstanding Moreton Bay Regional Council grant acquittals.
The following are ineligible organisation types:
- for-profit organisation type
- government departments and agencies
- schools and affiliated parents’ associations
- kindergartens and child care organisations except for Community Organisation Equipment Grant
- churches except for Community Activities Grant and Community Organisation Equipment Grant
- political groups
- unincorporated community groups.
Unincorporated community groups may apply through a community organisation (both of which must meet the above criteria and not be ineligible organisation type) which is able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the project. For more information about auspicing visit Not for profit law website.
Individuals are not eligible to apply for funding.
Refer to the relevant guidelines for applicant eligibility requirements.