Waste facility conditions of use
- Users must obey all signage and directions given by authorised personnel.
- All vehicles must observe and obey the speed limits.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn onsite at all times.
- No smoking or consumption of alcohol is permitted.
- All loads must be covered and secured.
- Children must remain in vehicles at all times.
- Animals are prohibited on site.
- Lighting of fires, unlawful entry or scavenging is prohibited.
- The weighbridge attendant is authorised to direct all tipping operations and determine charges in accordance with the current fee schedule.
- Anyone using Council waste facilities do so in the knowledge they are designated waste management facilities. Council accepts no liability for injury to persons or property.
Subsidised waste disposal
Moreton Bay residents can dispose of domestic waste up to 500 kg or 3 cubic metres per visit free of charge, on presentation of suitable photo identification, e.g. drivers licence or identification accompanied with a current utility bill of either electricity, internet/home phone or gas (water and rates are not accepted). Limits and conditions apply to the maximum subsidised disposal of waste per property per year.
Where the quantity of waste to be disposed per visit exceeds these limits, residents can contact Council to apply for a Letter of Authority for free disposal (conditions apply).
Prior to visiting council waste facilities, search where to recycle or dispose to confirm what waste or recyclables are accepted.
- Residential vehicles only are to be used for this free waste disposal system.
- Residents using a commercially badged vehicle for free residential waste disposal must comply with Council's Disposal of waste free of charge policy(PDF, 151KB).
- Ratepayers (investment property owners) and community groups must comply with Council's Disposal of waste free of charge policy(PDF, 151KB).
- Domestic hazardous waste, e.g. asbestos, gas cylinders, tyres, etc. is accepted in limited quantities. Search where to recycle or dispose to view limits on the disposal of household hazardous items at your closest facility.
- Disposal of waste free of charge is not available to residents disposing of commercial waste.
- Disposal of waste free of charge is not available to residents who engage a commercial operator to dispose of their waste, even if they are accompanying the commercial operator to the facility.
Note: Commercial operators and non-residents will be charged commercial disposal fees.
We may contact you to clarify your feedback. If you require a response lodge a request