Recycling wheelie bins are serviced fortnightly. Print the 2021 Recycling calendar and Waste Facilities Accepted waste table(PDF, 513KB) and find out when your bins are collected.
Don’t bag your recycling, keep it loose so we can sort it out. Empty, rinse or wipe and dry containers and trays before recycling.
Items that are accepted in the kerbside recycling bin include the items below that are empty of food and liquid
Check it before you chuck it! Look on the package for the Australasian Recycling Label that identifies where to dispose or recycle the layers of packaging for many supermarket items.
Materials that can’t go into the recycling bin include:
- garden waste
- food waste
- disposable paper such as soiled tissues and wipes
- soft plastics such as plastic bags, chip packets and zip lock bags
- medical waste or nappies
- light bulbs
- household glass, e.g. mirrors, windows or drinking glasses
- ceramic items, e.g. coffee mugs and cookware
- scrap metal
- clothing, manchester, curtains, pillows
- e-waste, including printer cartridges
- motor oil containers
- hazardous materials
Search our waste database to find out where you can take materials that aren't accepted in the kerbside recycling bin to be recovered.
See waste education videos to find out more about what can go in recycling bins and why.
How rubbish are you at recycling? Take our quiz to find out!