Council receives approximately 60,000 tonnes of green waste each year. This is mulched and reused at waste facilities and in parks and public spaces.
Mulch is made available at select facilities free of charge to local residents. Fees apply for mulch to be used at commercial properties and is available at Bunya, Caboolture and Dakabin waste facilities. Check mulch availability prior to attending a waste facility.
Mulch is self-serve and visitors should bring a shovel and garden fork. Alternatively, machine loading is available to residents at Bunya, Caboolture and Dakabin waste facilities on Saturdays and Sundays between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM. A loading fee applies.
Current mulch levels
Conditions for purchase / removal of mulch
- Council accepts no liability of any nature whatsoever in connection with the sale, loading, collection or use of mulch.
- Council will not be held responsible for any contamination or foreign matter contained within the mulch.
- Persons who use this mulch do so at their own risk.
- Mulch is a natural, processed material that is stored outside and may contain allergens and other micro-organisms which could contribute to skin irritations and respiratory conditions in some users.
- Council strongly recommends the use of Personal Protective Equipment when handling mulch including heavy duty gloves, long sleeved shirt and pants, safety glasses and dust mask or other respiratory aids.
We may contact you to clarify your feedback. If you require a response lodge a request