Moreton Bay Regional Council supports and encourages the reuse of its information (including data), and endorses the use of the Australian Governments' Open Access and Licensing Framework.
Moreton Bay Regional Council material included on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. However, this does not extend to the insignia, branding and trade marks, third party material and where indicated.
Please give attribution to: © Moreton Bay Regional Council 2020.
We also request that you observe and retain any copyright or related notices that may accompany this material as part of the attribution.
For information about the copyright in this website, please contact:
Third party material
Moreton Bay Regional Council has taken steps to both identify third-party material and secure permission for its reproduction and reuse. If you believe content has been made available without permission, please contact us.
The following third party material is not to be reproduced without the copyright owner's permission:
- trade marks, insignia, Coat of Arms, logos and branding;
- images, reports or other documents where it is noted that all rights are reserved;
- stock images, e.g. iStock, Shutterstock, Dreamstime, etc.
- images, text, audio and visual recordings in Moreton Bay Region Libraries' catalogue;
- all images relating to exhibitions hosted by Moreton Bay Regional Council's art galleries and museums.
Moreton Bay Region Libraries takedown request
Making a takedown request
If you find material in the Moreton Bay Region Libraries catalogue or on our website which you have not given permission to be made available, and which contravenes privacy laws, is defamatory, or is in breach of copyright law, contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details
- Full description and details of the material
- The reason for your request, including, but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, defamation etc.
Your request should be sent to:
Moreton Bay Region Libraries, PO Box 159, Caboolture Qld 4510
Responding to a takedown request
Moreton Bay Region Libraries will acknowledge your takedown request in writing and will make an initial assessment of the request.
The material may be temporarily removed from the Moreton Bay Region Library catalogue or website until a final decision is reached. Physical material may also be removed from the shelves.
Moreton Bay Region Libraries will make all possible efforts to resolve takedown requests quickly, with the following possible outcomes.
- Access to the material is restored unchanged on the Moreton Bay Region Library catalogue and website
- Access to the material is restored with changes on the Moreton Bay Region Library catalogue and website
- Access to the material is modified (eg physical access only and the digital copy is removed from the website)
- Material is retained in the collection but access is removed.
- Material removed from the collection.
There will be regular reviews of takedown decisions. Where the circumstances of the original takedown request have changed over time, it may result in access to the material being restored.
- you may use all material posted by us on these channels under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence;
- material posted by any other person, such as public users, after 1 May 2016 is deemed to be made available to you by that person under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence as a condition of use of that channel; and
- material posted by any other person, such as public users, prior to 30 April 2016 belongs to the person who posted the material and you should obtain permission from that person to reuse their material beyond the ways permitted under the Copyright Act 1968.
Council may collect your personal information if you interact with Council’s social media channels. This collection will be for the purpose of improving Council’s services and may involve Council (or a third party contractor) analysing and reporting on various aspects of your personal information.
To the extent possible under law, the material on this website is supplied as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise. This includes, without limitations, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply.
To the extent possible under law, Moreton Bay Regional Council will not be liable to you on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of the use of the material on this website. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply.
We may contact you to clarify your feedback. If you require a response lodge a request