Moreton Bay Regional Council issues quarterly rate notices. The rate quarters are as follows:

  • 1 July to 30 September
  • 1 October to 31 December
  • 1 January to 31 March
  • 1 April to 30 June

Rates notices are issued in the first two weeks of each quarter. If the rates notice is not received by the third week of the quarter, please contact Council to check the mailing address and ask for a copy to be sent. Rates are payable 30 days after the issue date of the notice. View how your rates are calculated.

Would you like to receive your rates notice electronically?

Register with embrc to receive your rate notice via email

With embrc your council rate notice can be delivered direct to your nominated email account.

It’s easy, convenient and provides you with electronic reminders and links to flexible online payment options.

Register now


Register for BPAY View to receive and view your rate notices online through individual internet banking providers. View the BPAY View page for more information.

Flexible payment options

Online via credit card

(via Council’s eServices system).
Rate payers can also register for eServices to view a breakdown of charges and payments for current and previous quarters online.

Direct debit

Complete an application form - fortnightly, monthly or quarterly payment options are available.


Biller Code: 7062 (and your Reference Number, e.g. 001234567).

Pay by phone

Call 1300 400 620 and have your credit card and customer reference number ready.

In person

At any Council customer service centre, or any Australia Post office.


By sending your cheque and Payment Slip to:

Moreton Bay Regional Council
PO Box 159
Caboolture Qld 4510

What happens if I can’t pay my rates?

Council understands that from time to time ratepayers may experience financial difficulties. Council encourages ratepayers in such circumstances to make contact with council to make a mutually acceptable arrangement.

Pensioner rebates

There are two rate concessions offered to pensioners:

State Government Subsidy

To be eligible for the Subsidy, the pensioner must be the owner or life tenant (either solely or jointly) of the property, the property must be their principal place of residence and the pensioner must hold one of the following cards:

  • Blue Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink
  • Blue Pensioner Concession Card issued by Veterans' Affairs
  • Repatriation Health Card - For all conditions/TPI - (Gold card) issued by Veterans' Affairs

Council Pensioner Concession

  • Gold card holders are automatically eligible for this Concession also.
  • Other pensioners must meet the above conditions plus be entitled to the maximum rate of pension / full pension.

Eligibility can only be assessed by completing the Pension concession application.

Change of address or name

If the address or name shown on the rate notice is incorrect, complete the online form or contact council to update council records:

Copy of rates notice

Rates notices can be obtained by contacting council. Fees may apply for notices relating to previous billing periods.

back to top