Council's two (2) Treasure Markets sell second hand items that are donated or rescued from landfill disposal. The public can shop for a bargain or donate their unwanted workable items.
All income generated by the markets is used to provide employment and infrastructure at the Treasure Markets. These sites help reduce waste to landfill and conserve landfill space by recycling items for resale at low prices.
Treasure Market locations
Council has two treasure markets located at the:
Trial extended opening hours for Dakabin and Caboolture Treasure Markets
Council are conducting a trial on extended trading hours from 18 September 2018 until 15 December 2018, these hours will be:
- Tuesday - Sunday: 10.00am - 2.00pm
- Closed on Good Friday, Anzac Day & Christmas Day
Conditions of entry
Conditions of entry to the Caboolture and Dakabin Treasure Markets are required for the safety of all visitors:
- Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times.
- Children must be supervised by their parent/guardian at all times.
- Animals are not permitted in the Treasure Market or at Council Waste Facilities.
- Users of this facility must obey all signage and directions given by authorised personnel.
- The Treasure Markets are within a designated waste management facility and council accepts no liability for injury to persons or property however caused.
What you'll find at the Treasure Markets
Council recommends that residents consider pre-loved items for any gardening, renovation, or other project they may need goods for. Come and see what is available for you to reuse and save you money!
Please note: Residents are advised that phoning prior to check if specific items are in stock is not available. Items can not be ordered or held, and must be removed on the day of purchase, within the operating hours.
Items you'll find at the Treasure Markets include:
- Plates, cups, glasses and cookware
- Ornaments and decorator items
- Books and music
- Building and renovation items
Where do the items come from?
These are donated preloved items, one person's trash can become another's treasure.
- Donations are dropped off to Treasure Market
- Or items are identified and retrieved from waste disposal areas
- Preloved items are then sorted
- Sent to Treasure Market for sale
What can I donate and where
Everyone is welcome to donate items, which are in reasonable condition, to the Treasure Markets for resale.
There are allocated drop off areas located at the four major waste facilities. Ensure to ask the weighbridge officer for the current location to place items for consideration.
Donated items can also be dropped off at any of the local transfer stations.
Free Recycling Workshops
20 things to do with...Moreton Bay Region residents can make gifts and repurposed treasures from pre-loved items at the free Treasure Market workshops.
For information and booking details for the upcoming workshops see the online registration form. Bookings are essential.