Art in libraries
Our Art in Libraries program aims to inspire creativity, share stories and engage a diversity of people. The program provides opportunities for artists to showcase their work and work more closely with libraries.
Participation in the Art in Libraries program is open to:
- Individual applicants - must be either an emerging or established artist.
- Groups, organisations and schools (not-for-profit organisations).
Spaces available for exhibitions include a varying range of wall spaces and display cabinets at the following libraries:
- Albany Creek
- Arana Hills
- Deception Bay
- Redcliffe (from 1 January 2020)
All applications will be considered by the branch library and the assessment will consider:
- the quality of the work submitted
- responsiveness to the local area/Moreton Bay Region
- showcasing a community arts project (e.g. school or community arts group)
- if the application is fit for purpose and family friendly
- artwork is the original work of the artist.
Exhibitions are scheduled throughout the year. You will be contacted once your Expression of interest has been received and assessed (usually within 2 weeks).