Travel Choice is a Moreton Bay Regional Council program which aims to do the following by encouraging community members to embrace more sustainable travel choices:
- Promote safe, healthy and connected communities
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and traffic congestion
Travel Choice connects people and destinations:
- Highlighting available resources including maps and facilities
- Keeping the community updated on infrastructure and planned projects
- Offering support programs for workplaces, schools and the community
- Encouraging you to recommend travel routes based on your own experiences
Active and Safe Travel survey
The Active and Safe mapping program is designed to encourage families to park their vehicles up to 800 metres away from school entry points in order to reduce traffic congestion and increase road safety awareness in and around the school community.
The booklets highlight alternative parking locations, safer walking routes and provide education focused on school based road safety and active/sustainable travel. The program is in its pilot year, working with 12 primary schools across the region.
Active and Safe Travel Parent Survey (2 of 2)
Sustainable transport modes
The program works with our residents and the community to raise awareness, improve access to information and generate opportunities to use more sustainable transport:
Travel Choice Schools Program
Travel Choice Schools Program delivers a range of sustainable transport initiatives aimed at reducing traffic in and around school communities.
Find out more about
If you would like to know more please contact Council’s Travel Choice Officer: