Pine Rivers Art GalleryThe Poetry of Drawing workshop
The Poetry of Drawing workshop is inspired by the themes of the exhibition Reminiscence: Celebrating 100 years of Australian visionary Judith Wright, and looks at the relationship between the written word and visual art making. Participants will explore their favourite works of poetry, translating ideas from the written word into a series of drawings.
Through the immediacy of drawing, participants will be able to sketch ideas and concepts for a variety of projects. Exhibiting artist, Fiona Rafferty will conduct the workshop that takes the act of drawing into another dimension.
This workshop is suitable for all ages and a range of skill levels. Places are limited, bookings essential.
- Be asked to select a poem referenced in the Reminiscence Exhibition in the 2D works of Fiona Rafferty and 3D works of Frances Smith.
- Be given to time to explore Wright’s poetry and key discussion points will be presented to the student group.
- Enhance their drawing skills through exploring ideas, inspired by the Wright poem, that are relevant to their work.
- Draw on what they have learned to create a work referencing the Australian poem they have brought to the workshop
What to bring
- A favourite poem by any Australian poet
- A5 or A4 or A3 Unlined Sketchbook
- Drawing 0.2 Staedtler pen (waterproof ink)
- 2B pencil
- Eraser & sharpener
Image credit: Fiona Rafferty, The Coral Battleground, 2015, pen and ink and handstitching on arches. Image courtesy of the artist.
24 February 2018
10.00am - 4.00pm
Pine Rivers Art Gallery - Unit 7/199 Gympie Road, Strathpine
Pine Rivers Art Gallery
Ph: (07) 3480 6941
Images on this page are subject to copyright - all rights reserved. See copyright notice for details.