Make a plan to find the job of your dreams in a free one hour one-on-one session with qualified career counsellors Barry and Clive from the Your Future Careers Team.
Barry and Clive will assist with:
- Self understanding : look at your past experiences, influences and interests to identify future career options
- Career exploration : research your career interests to make informed choices about your future
- Career planning and decision-making : make sense of your interests and goals and put plans in place to make change
This is a joint initiative between the Your Future Careers Team and Moreton Bay Region Libraries, developed to provide free career services to the community. Counselling sessions are free, impartial and confidential.
Meet the Your Future Careers Team:
Barry Ryan - BMan(HRM), BEd(Secondary), M Career Development, QUT Your Future Careers Team - has 7 years’ experience in the university sector and has worked exclusively as a Career Counsellor for the past 6 years.
Barry has worked in Schools, Job Services, and in Higher Education where he specialises in delivery of Career Development to teachers, students, community organisations and jobactive providers. Over the last 6 years Barry has provided individual career counselling to more than 1300 people and delivered group Career Development sessions to many thousands more.
His interests include: creating pathways for people to access Higher Education, working with clients to prepare them for the workforce and forming strategic partnerships with industry and community to assist with training staff and meeting staffing needs.
In addition Barry is an active Board member of a local Disability and Social Enterprise organisation and on the Education reference panel for Carers Queensland. Barry also works in private practice and is the Owner and Principal Consultant for BJR Careers helping clients of all ages and backgrounds to invest in their future careers.
Clive May graduated with a Diploma in Careers Guidance from the University of Central England in 1993 and has worked in many key career development roles since 1987 including Education Careers Adviser; Careers Adviser Co-ordinating Mentoring Projects; Education Development Programme Manager; and Career Development Adviser.
In his work in career counselling he is responsible for designing, developing and implementing a range of career programs and activities including:
- Conducting career counselling consultations
- Providing career development activities and advice to adults and young people
- Developing career outreach and development activities to school students
- Developing career materials including web-based resources for a variety of ages, and audiences
- Coordinating career events, activities and workshops
- Providing Career Management programs and workshops
- Working in partnership with the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE)
Dates / Times
Bookings for this event are required.
QUT Your Future Careers Team, I Block, USC Caboolture Campus
(07) 5316 7666