The centrepiece of the Cultural Centre is the magnificent Matthew Flinders Theatre.
In this beautifully appointed auditorium, featuring 400 raked seats with ample leg room and boasting state of the art audio visual equipment - it really is impossible to find a bad seat in the house. Combining the latest technology with amazing levels of comfort makes this venue the perfect setting for any number of events.
This venue is extremely versatile, making it ideal for:
- Corporate evenings
- Dance eisteddfods
- Musicals & dramatic performances
- Live music performances
400 seat (375 fixed , 25 movable)
View the Matthew Flinders Theatre seating plan
For more information complete the Venue Enquiry Form.
Conditions of entry
- Wheelchairs and prams are permitted into the theatre in A row only and at Management discretion. Prams must be accompanied by a parent/care giver at all times. Please advise at time of booking.
- For safety reasons patrons are not permitted to sit or stand in the aisles during a performance.
- Latecomers will be seated at the Duty Manager’s discretion during a suitable break.
- Designated smoking areas are as marked at the side and rear outside the venue.
- Food & drink, including coffee and alcoholic beverages, are now permitted in the theatre.
- Please avoid excessive mobile phone usage during performances for the comfort of other patrons.
- Video recording/flash photography is not usually permitted but may vary per performance.
- Management reserves the right to remove unruly, disruptive or intoxicated patrons from the venue.