The centrepiece of the Cultural Centre is the magnificent Matthew Flinders Theatre.
In this beautifully appointed auditorium, featuring 390 raked seats with ample leg room and boasting state of the art audio visual equipment - it really is impossible to find a bad seat in the house. Combining the latest technology with amazing levels of comfort makes this venue the perfect setting for any number of events.
This venue is extremely versatile, making it ideal for:
- Corporate evenings
- Dance eisteddfods
- Musicals & dramatic performances
- Live music performances
390 seat (375 fixed, 15 movable)
View the Matthew Flinders Theatre seating plan
For more information complete the Venue Enquiry Form.
Conditions of entry
- Prams, strollers are not permitted in the theatre. There is capacity to have these in the Mid Gallery.
- Patrons are not allowed to sit in the theatre aisles.
- Aisles are to be kept clear at all times.
- Latecomers will be seated at the usher's discretion during a suitable break.
- Smoking is not permitted in the venue, including the courtyard. Please enquire about our designated smoking areas.
- Hot drinks and food are not permitted in the theatre.
- Video recording/flash photography is not allowed in the theatre.
- Mobile phones are to be switched off in the theatre.
- Intoxicated patrons will be refused entry to any performance, and will be asked to leave the premises, at the discretion of the Management.
- Management reserves the right to remove unruly and disruptive patrons from the theatre and the premises.