Samsonvale Road, Bray Park (Elmwood Drive - Dundee Street) - Road Upgrade
Council is currently in the process of preparing concept design
drawings for a road and footpath upgrade of Samsonvale Road, Bray
Park between Elmwood Drive and Dundee Street. Other sections of
Samsonvale Road already have four lanes of traffic, and this will
bring this section into alignment with the rest of the
- Reduce traffic congestion and improve overall efficiency of the
road network by addition of lanes and signalisation of
- Improve safe and on time running of buses on this major bus
- Provide pedestrian crossing opportunities
- Retain existing vegetation where possible
- Samsonvale Road is to be widened to four traffic lanes
- New and improved footpaths are to be included along the
complete length of the upgrade works
- On-road bicycle lane facilities are to be included on
- Drainage work in culvert crossing.
- Planting 18 Eucalyptus trees in the easement north of Dundee
Street to compensate for the removal of existing trees. The removal
of trees (as identified on the attached plan) is minimised and
required to relocate and upgrade services.
A concept layout has been prepared showing the changes proposed
for this section of Samsonvale Road for discussion with the
Service relocations and road construction are currently
programmed for the 2018/19 financial year.
The public feedback period for this project has now closed. Council is reviewing all feedback and will assess and implement changes which have merit and could be included into the project. If you provided feedback we will update you with details of changes to the proposal once finalised.
ITPD Last Updated 10 July 2018
Software requirementsSome documents linked from this page may require additional software.
More information and resources