Council is proposing to upgrade Old Gympie Road, Kallangur (from Viney Avenue to Highet Street).
The proposed Viney Avenue to Highet Street project is expected to be delivered in two stages:
- in 2020/21, with the relocation of utilities and services; and
- beginning in 2021/22, the road construction to provide four (4) travel lanes, cycle lanes, turning lanes and/or traffic signals at the major intersections.
The upgrade aims to improve road safety, cater for growing and future traffic demand and improve conditions for walking and cycling and public transport services. Council’s complete streets and green infrastructure principles will apply, aiming to improve:
- landscaping and street design
- pathways and pedestrian connections
- tree and vegetation management
Concept plans showing the proposed changes for discussion with the community:
Consultation has now closed
For further information please contact: