Brays Road and McClintock Drive - Intersection and Road Upgrade
In 2016, the section of Brays Road between Anzac Avenue and
Moreton Street, Murrumba Downs was upgraded as part of the Moreton
Bay Rail Link project. Council is now extending this upgrade
from Moreton Street to Twin Lakes Drive, and along McClintock Drive
to Black Duck Creek.
Proposed improvements include:
- Brays Road to be widened to four traffic lanes, consistent with
the 2016 construction works;
- three new sets of synchronised traffic lights at the
intersections with Moreton Street, Normanby Road and McClintock
- each new set of traffic lights to include pedestrian crossing
- new on-road bicycle lane facilities along Brays Road and
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Brays Road and Twin
Lakes Drive; and
- existing vegetation to be retained as much as
The public feedback period for this project has now closed and
council has reviewed the feedback received.
Council is currently in the process of preparing detailed design
drawings and undertaking further project preparation,
- locating and recording of significant tree roots using vacuum
- utility service relocations, expected to be undertaken later
this financial year; and
- compilation of the road construction works package, expected to
be tendered during next financial year (2019/20).
Road construction works are currently planned to commence in
Keep an eye on this page for regular project updates for the
Brays Road and McClintock Drive intersections and road upgrade
For more information about this project contact:
Location of Works - Brays Road and McClintock Drive
PMC Last Updated 17 July 2018
Software requirementsSome documents linked from this page may require additional software.
More information and resources