Brays Road/McClintock Drive Intersection and Road Upgrade
Council is currently in the process of preparing concept design drawings for a major road and footpath upgrade of Brays Road and McClintock Drive, Murrumba Downs. In 2016 the section of Brays Road between Anzac Avenue and Moreton Street was upgraded as part of the Moreton Bay Rail Link project. Council will now be extending this upgrade from Moreton Street to Twin Lakes Drive including McClintock Drive to Black Duck Creek.
- Reduce traffic congestion and improve overall efficiency of the road network by addition of lanes and signalization of intersections.
- Improve safety for all road users by reducing potential conflicts and clarifying driver decision making where possible
- Provide pedestrian crossing opportunities
- Retain existing vegetation where possible
- Brays Road is to be widened to four traffic lanes consistent with the previous construction works in 2016
- Three new sets of traffic lights are proposed along Brays Road at the intersections with Moreton Street, Normanby Road/Living Faith Lutheran Primary School and McClintock Drive. It is proposed that each new set of traffic lights will also have pedestrian crossing facilities
- New and improved footpaths are to be included along the complete length of the upgrade works
- On-road bicycle lane facilities are to be included on Brays Road and McClintock Drive
- Traffic exiting Moreton Street, McClintock Drive and the Living Faith Lutheran Primary School opposite Normanby Road into Brays Road are to be provided with dedicated left and right marked turn lanes
- Travelling north along Brays Road towards the Anzac Avenue, a separate right turn lane into each intersection is to be provided for Moreton Street, Normanby Drive and Burnett Drive
- Travelling south along Brays Road towards the Bruce Highway, a separate bus only lane will be provided for right-turns into the southernmost driveway of the Living Faith Lutheran Primary School
- Intersection geometry for traffic entering Brays Road through the southernmost driveway of the Living Faith Lutheran Primary School is to be adjusted allowing left turns only
- A new roundabout is to be constructed at the intersection of Brays Road and Twin Lakes Drive
A concept layout has been prepared showing the changes proposed about Brays Road and McClintock Drive for discussion with the community:
Service relocations are currently programmed for the 2018/19 and road construction commencing late 2019/20.
If you would like to provide feedback on this proposal, please complete the online feedback form:
Online feedback form
Alternatively you can provide feedback by contacting council on (07) 3205 0555 or email ECM.ITPD@moretonbay.qld.gov.au
Please provide submissions before close of business Friday 4 May 2018.
Council would like to invite you to a public display of the preliminary concept drawings where senior officers from council’s engineering department will be in attendance to answer your questions, which is to be held at:
Living Faith Lutheran Primary School (Sports Centre) [PDF 205KB]
50 Brays Road, Murrumba Downs
Date: Saturday 21 April 2018
Time: 12.00noon to 3.00pm
Software requirementsSome documents linked from this page may require additional software.
More information and resources