Injured wildlife

All native animals are protected by law.

Injured animals on public property - Call 1300 ANIMAL

RSPCA call centre manages these calls and will attend or refer to local wildlife or domestic organisations, animal carers or wildlife rehabilitation.

For more information, see RSPCA Queensland - Animal emergencies

Wildlife first aid

For immediate first aid advice, visit Department of Environment and Science

For common species, wildlife rescue, care and rehabilitation is primarily undertaken for welfare reasons rather than for conservation. The overall aim should always be to care properly for the animal and rehabilitate it for release back to the natural environment.

Useful contacts

For contact details of licensed wildlife carers in your area, contact the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection on 1300 130 372.

If a dog is harassing a koala, contact Council.

back to top