||Examples of Appropriate Development
|Redcliffe Seaside Village - applies to the area around the Redcliffe Seaside Village
||A higher order activity centre with a strong focus on leisure, entertainment and culture for locals and tourists.
- Retail - Shops, cafés and restaurants, bars and markets
- Commercial - Key administration centre, State and local government offices, professional and service businesses
- Residential - High density, multi-storey
- Community - Artistic, social or cultural facilities, child care, education, health care services, religious activities, social interaction or entertainment, support services, civic park
- Entertainment - Function Facility, Hotel, Indoor Sport and Recreation, Markets and Theatre
|Kippa-Ring Village - applies to the Kippa-Ring Shopping area
||A higher order activity centre with a focus on retail and commercial activities which support, but do not compete with the business, commercial or retail functions of the Redcliffe Seaside Village.
- Retail - Department stores, discount department stores, personal service, full-line supermarkets, full range of specialty stores
- Commercial - Intermediate level offices, local professional offices
- Residential - Medium density, multi-storey
- Community - child care, health care services, social interaction or entertainment
|Kippa-Ring Station - applies to the land being redeveloped for the Kippa-Ring Station
||Kippa-Ring station provides a transit hub supporting multiple modes of sustainable transport options centred on the railway station and bus interchange.
- Community - Public utility and infrastructure, civic space
- Retail - shop, and food and drink outlet where located within the Station building
|Local Services - generally applies areas within the Local Services Preferred Use Area 12 of the Redcliffe City Plan.
||The Local services precinct has a strong focus on the provision of service industries with ancillary workshops, retail and office uses that serve the immediate needs of the community.
- Retail - food and drink outlet, garden centre, outdoor sales, shop less than 100m2. Small scale and only occur where there is a direct nexus with local service activities occurring within the precinct
- Service Industry, indoor sport and recreation, car wash and veterinary services.
- Commercial - small scale and only occur where there is a direct nexus with local service activities occurring within the precinct
- Residential - No residential uses other than caretakers accommodation
|Health - applies to the public and private hospital and some areas surrounding the Redcliffe Hospital.
||The primary location for the delivery of health or medical related services for the Redcliffe peninsular through the co-location of health and medical services, using the synergy of established medical facilities.
- Retail - food and drink outlet and other small scale retail uses if health or medical related
- Commercial - small scale office or service industry uses if health or medical related
- Residential - Medium density, multi-storey including retirement or care facilities
- Community - Artistic, social or cultural facilities, child care, education (health or medical related), health care services, support services, civic park
|Interim residential - generally applies to land around the Kippa-Ring Station, Anzac Avenue and the Redcliffe Hospital. This area also includes the stables located on Knight Street.
||The purpose of the Interim residential precinct is to identify and preserve land that may be suitable for more intense urban development in the future, allowing interim uses that will not compromise the longer term use of the land.
- Residential - Dwelling House, Home-based business
- Animal Keeping - for equine stables only (located on Knight Street with a minimum lot size of 1200m2)
|Open Space and Recreation
||A range of formal and informal, active and passive sport and recreation opportunities are provided to meet community needs.
- Retail - Food and drink outlet, markets
- Residential - caretakers’s accommodation and tourist park only
- Community - Artistic, social or cultural facilities, support services, emergency services, sport and recreation, park, and some entertainment uses
|Sport and Recreation
||Sports and recreation precinct specifically recognises existing sport and recreation facilities and provides for their ongoing use and development.