LibrariesSchool Holiday Programs - Event registration
School Holiday Programs
Moreton Bay Region Libraries are proud to present the School Holiday Program.
- Registration opens Thursday, 21 June, 1.00pm
Are you a member of our library service? Membership supports our continued programming and services, plus it’s free and open to all ages. Contact your local library for more information and join when you come to an event!
Bookings are not required for holiday competitions, challenges, adventures, trivia and other fun. Enjoy!
When bookings are open a button next to each event offers links to an online registration form.
- The library service uses Eventbrite for attendee registration and ticketing. If you have used Eventbrite previously, login prior to registering to get a head start on the process.
- Enter adult contact information in the order form and child/teen attendee details in the registration. Only child/teen attendees require tickets for these events but parent/guardian contact details help us in case any issues arise.
- Please arrive promptly to each session. Your space may be transferred to another participant if you have not arrived at the start of the session.
- Please bring a printed ticket to the event or have a copy of
it on your mobile . This speeds the check-in process and helps
ensure events start on time, especially when the library is busy.
You can find a PDF ticket attached to your confirmation email, find
it online by logging in to your
Eventbrite account or use the Eventbrite
- Adults are required to stay in the library while children under 12 attend library programs. Young people aged 12 and over can attend library programs unsupervised.
- Parents are able to photograph or film their own child at library events, however permission must be obtained from the adults responsible if any other children are in the background, particularly if images or films are to be uploaded to the internet or published to social media. Releasing personal information such as photographs on social media may be in breach of the privacy act. These sites include Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
Event registration FAQs
- Do I have to register online?
No. Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to book for events. Plus, you’ll receive a booking confirmation and event reminders. However, if you have problems with this process, you’re welcome to phone or visit any library for assistance with registration.
- What is an Eventbrite account and how do I create one?
An Eventbrite account pre-fills order form fields based on previous orders. Creating an Eventbrite account makes registering for events faster. If you already have an account, login before registering. If you don't have an account, you can create one before registration opens or create one during the registration process by using your email address and selecting a password.
- Why did my details appear in the form instead of my child's information?
By default, Eventbrite thinks you need a ticket too. We need your contact email and phone number but child's name, age and grade details in the Registration form as a ticketholder. Adjust pre-filled data to fix this. If you have already submitted the registration, contact your local library to edit the information.
- Why are there grade ranges for events?
Grade ranges and ages for events are based on the interest, skill and maturity levels required for successful participation in activities and workshops and no exceptions are made. Children of two different ages can be in the same grade at school, so we thought if kids can keep up with each other in the same class at school, they could take part in the same workshops in the holidays. We realise that any categorisation system is inexact, but we believe this is a better system as it matches schools’ expectations of skills and behaviour than a strict age range.
- Should my child go to the Summer Teen Holiday Workshops if he is entering Year 7 in January?
Yes. The grades are based on current enrollment. As your child finishes Year 6 before the summer holidays, they will be enrolled in Year 7 at the time of the summer holiday events.
- Why does the form ask for both age and grade information?
We use the data to check eligibility of attendees for events; this can take some time to review and an initially successful registration may be revoked if age information does not fit within the grade levels specified. Ineligible registrations will be contacted to discuss age criteria. Library membership details may be used to verify participant eligibility.
- Why is there a timer for completing the registration form?
Due to the popularity of our events, the timer ensures ticketing must be completed within 10 minutes. If you have any issues completing the information in the time allotted, please contact your local library.
- The event I want to register for is full. How do I join the waitlist?
When an event has reached capacity, you can still add attendee names to the wait list by selecting the 'Register' button and filling in the form for each attendee.
- How does the waitlist work?
Completing the waitlist form reserves ONE position on the waiting list for you. Please note that you need to make separate waitlist registrations for each child/teen who wishes to attend.
Joining the waitlist does not guarantee that tickets will become available nor that enough tickets will become available for all of your potential registrants to attend.If a ticket becomes available, you will be contacted with further instructions on how to register for each ticket. Waitlisted attendees will be contacted in the order they joined the list, if/when any cancellations come through for the matching event.
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please bring a printed ticket to the event or have a copy of it on your mobile . This speeds the check-in process and helps ensure events start on time, especially when the library is busy. You can find a PDF ticket attached to your confirmation email, find it online by logging in to your Eventbrite account or use the Eventbrite app.
- Will I receive a reminder before the event?
Yes, a general reminder will go out 1 week before school holidays start and a specific event reminder email will be sent 48 hours before the event start time.
- How do I cancel my ticket(s)?
If you can't attend, it's easy to cancel your registration from your Eventbrite account. Just log in to Eventbrite, Go to the Tickets page, and locate your order. Select your order to view order details, and then select "Cancel Order" to cancel your registration. Or, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Letting us know you cannot attend helps us manage
attendance efficiently, especially for fully booked events with
waitlists. For more detailed instructions about how to cancel your own tickets, read this Eventbrite article.
- My contact details have changed and I incorrectly entered my child's name. Can I update my registration information?
Please contact your local library for assistance in updating or changing registration details.
- How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email email@example.com with questions or contact your local library.
Find general help with Eventbrite at: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/support
Some images on this page are subject to copyright - all rights reserved. See copyright notice for details.