As places to discover, learn, play and imagine, Moreton Bay Region Libraries provide collections, programs and spaces that connect people to resources and each other. Your library card gives you access to over 600,000 items in the collection, as well as a wide range of online resources.
With your library card you can:
- Borrow up to 20 items for up to 28 days
- Download electronic items
- Borrow up to 10 items and reserve up to 10 items from our OverDrive eLibrary in eBook, eAudiobook, Video or Music format for up to 21 days
- Borrow and reserve up to 10 eAudiobooks fortnightly from BorrowBox for 14 days
- Download unlimited eMagazines, such as Choice (using Flipster), Woman's Day or National Geographic (using RBDigital)
- Borrow and return items at any of our libraries
- Items can be returned via after hours return chutes when libraries are closed
- Renew items
- Reserve items for collection at any of our libraries ( $0.65)
- Pay library fees and charges
- Make library PC bookings
- Review items that you loved or hated
- Request interlibrary loans for items from libraries outside the Moreton Bay region
- Suggest items to be added to the collection
- Access eResources including Lynda.com, plus databases, journal articles, newspapers and magazines
I don’t know when my items are due back.
You can sign in to the library catalogue to see a summary of items on your card and when they are due back. You can also renew from there. Plus, you will receive notices about your items. If you have selected to get your notices via email, we will send a reminder email 3 days before an item is due. Everyone gets a reminder notice when items are 7 days overdue and a lost notice when items are 28 days overdue.
My items are overdue.
Items up to 12 days overdue can be renewed on the website. If you cannot return your items, please contact any of our libraries. An overdue fee ( $2.80) is applied to each item when they are more than 14 days overdue. Replacement costs ( At Cost plus $6.00 per item) are applied to items more than 28 days overdue.
I’ve lost my library card.
Contact any of our libraries immediately so that no one else can use your card. To get a new card, bring ID to your local library. A replacement card fee ( $3.00) may apply.
I've lost an item.
If you've lost an item, or have received a lost notice for an item that is more than 28 days overdue and you cannot return it, please contact any of our libraries to discuss your options.
For more info, pick up a copy of Your Library Membership at your local library or view it online [PDF 900KB]
Pending review, please note images and documents on this page are subject to copyright - all rights reserved. See copyright notice for details.