Kallangur was initially part of the Whiteside Run taken up by the Captain Frank (Francis Henry) Griffin in 1843. During the 1870s, it became part of extensive grazing properties owned by Tom Petrie and the Rev. Charles Ogg. The name Kallangur was recommended by Constance Campbell Petrie from her father’s reminiscences. Tom Petrie recorded the word from an Aboriginal dialect in the Maroochy area, translated as ‘good’ or a ‘good place’.
Kallangur was a small rural farming community with fruit growing, small crops, poultry farms and timber-getting, the area was viewed as just a northern rural extension of North Pine. Kallangur yielded a wonderful variety of timber: box, ironbark, bloodwood, yellow stringybark, oak, wattle and plenty of white gum. For many farmers, the timber provided posts and rails for fencing and stockyards. Timber not used was sold to sawmills and timber-getters.
Originally part of the Redcliffe Agricultural Reserve that was broken up for pastoral and agricultural purposes after separation from New South Wales in 1859, it was part of the Caboolture Divisional Board until 1888 when then it moved to Redcliffe Divisional Board. In 1921 it was transferred to Pine Shire Council.