Read, talk, sing and play every day. In the first years of life, your child’s brain develops faster than at any other stage. The simple things you do together each day can have an enormous impact.
Children learn from the most important people in their lives. Moreton Bay Region Libraries offers a range of interactive resources to support you as your child’s first teacher.
Browse Picture Books and Board Books
Browse 50 Books to Read Before You’re 5
Browse eLibrary for kids
It’s never too early to share books. Get children involved!
- Talk about the pictures
- Guess what will happen next
- Make up your own endings
- Keep books down low where children can grab them
- Pack a few books for outings - pull them out while you wait for an appointment, coffee or your bus
- Repeat favourites again and again
- Get a library card for your child and borrow regularly
- Choose from a wide selection of picture books and board books.