Enjoy a free family fun day at the Kumbartcho Environment Festival.
Learn more about our natural environment and get involved with free activities.
WIN a 1.5kw installed solar system, donated by sponsor Springers Solar.
Free shuttle bus - Loop run along Draper Road and the public bus stop on Queen Elizabeth Drive
Free Kids Activities
- Wildlife shows - touch and feel
- Reptile shows
- Build a nest box
- Canoeing on the dam
- Pot up a native plant
- Nature play for kids
- Candle making
- Face painting
- Rock climbing wall
- Jumping castle
- Up-cycling plastic bags
- First Five Forever library in the cubby house
- Fairy Garden and Frogs Hollow walks
Talks and walks
- Jerry Coleby-Williams - Worm Farms & Making Seed Bombs & Balcony Gardens
- Tim Heard - Managing Native Bees, including demonstration of splitting a hive
- Kumbartcho Bird Watchers group - guided walks
- Kumbartcho Sanctuary - guided river walks
Displays and stall holders
Food and drinks
- Available on the day at a small cost
- BBQ - provided Apex and volunteers, low cost
- Drinks, ice blocks, chips - low cost
- Coffee Van in the car park
- BYO water bottle and use the free Unitywater Hydration Station to top up during the day.
27 August 2017
11.00am - 3.00pm
15 Bunya Pine Court, Eatons Hill
Moreton Bay Regional Council
Ph: (07) 5433 2122
This calendar is provided by Moreton Bay Regional Council as a community service. As community events are provided by organisers and may change without notice, we advise you to contact organisers directly to confirm details. While every effort is made to ensure this calendar is current and up to date, Council takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the listings, nor does it endorse any community event unless expressly stated.