Organising an event?
An event is a function or the setup of a function at which the public can attend, or it can be a private corporate function. Events can be held in public parks, on school grounds or on private land.
When to apply to hold an event?
If the event involves one of the following criteria the event organiser must complete an application to hold an event form
- Public attendance
- Temporary structures
(e.g. marquees, tents that penetrate the surface of the ground)
- Vehicle access
- Public address systems
- Electricity / generators
- Sound shell / stage
- Amusement rides
- Consumption of alcohol
- Food and/or drink stalls
- Temporary fencing
- Portable toilets
- Waste services
- Road and/or footpath closure
If none of the above criteria applies to the event, no application or notification to Council is required.
- Council parks
View list of Council parks for a locations with an ‘event application’ link. Before making an event application ensure that the location meets your needs.
- Sports fields
Please contact council if considering use of a sports field.
- Private property, school grounds and other locations
Complete an application to hold an event form
How to apply
Steps to obtaining approval:
- Select a suitable location
- Register for council’s eServices to access the online application
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions before applying.
- Complete the event application at least 3 months before the event and up to 24 months in advance. Approval must be granted before proceeding with the event.
Council assistance with an event
The items are only available when not required for council events and activities, and must be picked up and returned.
Software requirementsSome documents linked from this page may require additional software.
More information and resources