Albany Forest Drive - Intersection Upgrade
Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC) has identified that the intersection of Albany Forest Drive with Jagora Drive is in need of an upgrade to improve road/pedestrian safety and operational efficiency. These issues have been raised with MBRC by community users over a number of years and in response, council has budgetted for the installation of signals and other safety improvements which is planned to occur late in 2017 to early 2018.
This project aims to improve the safety of pedestrian users and the operation of intersections within the project extents, particularly in the peak traffic periods. The project also takes into consideration forecast growth in the local area for the next 20 years.
The project will include:
- New traffic signals at the intersection of Albany Forest Drive and Jagora Drive;
- Signalised pedestrian crossings at the new signalised intersection;
- Additional right turn lane on Albany Forest Drive at Old Northern Road;
- Improved school access arrangements;
- Renewal or replacement of kerb and road surfacing;
- New off-street parking bays on the southern side of Albany Forest Drive;
- Pathway improvements;
- Bicycle facilities improvements; and
- Relocation of utility services (lighting).
Download a copy of the concept plan [PDF 870KB].
A project display will also be held at the Woolworths Marketplace shopping centre on 11 October 2017 from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Divisional Councillors and project staff will be on hand to provide information and discussion.
Should you require any further information regarding this project, please do not hesitate to contact Council on (07) 3205 0555 or email ECM.ITPD@moretonbay.qld.gov.au
Software requirementsSome documents linked from this page may require additional software.
More information and resources