About Caboolture Historic Village
History in the making! The Caboolture Historical Village is helping to preserve the stories of our pioneers from settlement to now. Through a remarkable range of exhibits the Village provides an insight to their homes, workplaces and community lives. It also increasingly focuses on the often ingenious contribution they made to creating a better future for themselves and ultimately us.
It's interesting just to walk around the Village, which is made up of more than 70 buildings, with streets, gardens and a train station. It really creates an authentic sense of our past. The entire complex is run by an enthusiastic and dedicated band of volunteers and staff who operate the village 7 days a week.
Key Annual Events:
- January 26: Australia Day Celebrate our nation's foundation within a vibrant collection of displays and parades that highlight our character, achievements and diversity.
- July: The Heritage Fair brings the collections back to life to showcase the advances and innovations of Australia's early industry, communications, transport and lifestyle.
Key Permanent Exhibitions:
- Pioneer Buildings - general store etc.
- Transport including vintage Cars
- Military and Maritime Collection
- Machinery including Agricultural & Tractors
- Dairy Industry
- Trades and Crafts
And the Village is home to a variety of resident societies & clubs - see our website for details.
The Village warmly welcomes you as an individual, family, school or group. We also cater for special functions. Overseas visitors will particularly enjoy our selection of traditional morning teas and lunches. For school visits the variety and breadth of our collections provide a fascinating look at the development of Australia's early lifestyle, communications, transport and industry. School visits are made even more memorable by the hands-on activities demonstrating the way things were done. Group Tours by special arrangement, the Village can provide guides for group tours. For your special function filled with character, a licensed 'old world' pub and the authentic 'Stanmore Hall' are available for hire. The Village offers a range of excellent venues for workshops, weddings, family and business celebrations. Weddings are especially popular and bridal parties can choose from a range of settings including a traditional chapel or garden setting.
- Adults: $15.00
- Concession: $9.90
- Group bookings: $9.90
- Children: $5.00 (must be accompanied by an adult)
Open Daily 9.00am - 4.00pm (Closed Good Friday / Anzac Day / 24 - 26 December)