Corso North Lakes
Corso North Lakes is Moreton Bay Regional Council’s new $45 million community and commercial complex located at 10 The Corso, North Lakes.
The state-of-the-art facility opened on Saturday 13 September, 2014 showcasing a modern library and community centre, three levels of commercial office space and undercover car parking.
Corso North Lakes provides residents with a regional destination to socialise, study, learn and relax. Its striking architectural features include a large glass entryway to the new library, modern structures and some of the latest design and energy efficient elements.
It is one of Australia’s first Five Star Green Star rated public buildings with more than 550 roof-top solar panels that will generate power for much of the building’s daily needs.
Cutting-edge technology will regulate lighting, air-conditioning and promote natural ventilation throughout the building, and up to 200,000 litres of rain water will be captured for the Corso’s bathrooms, gardens and grassed areas.
Corso North Lakes is conveniently located in the heart of North Lakes with covered walkways connecting to nearby retail, commercial and transport hubs.
- 2000 m2 destination library
- 1000 m2 community centre
- Plaza area with children’s playground and landscaped gardens
- 4000 m2 over three levels of commercial office space for lease
- A $4 million young people’s place (opened in late 2013 and managed by the YMCA)
- A basement car park with more than 300 spaces
- Secure end-of-trip facility for 60 bikes
- 5 Star Green Star certification by the Green Building Council of Australia
Corso North Lakes has been funded by Moreton Bay Regional Council and the Federal Government with $7.8 million from Regional Development Australia and $3 million from Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
Pending review, please note images and documents on this page are subject to copyright - all rights reserved. See copyright notice for details.