Do you have a great idea for a community project? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to meet people who share your vision? Do you want to help shape the community and environment you live in?
Then the Connected Communities Program is designed for you. Council is callingfor residents who are passionate and motivated about their community.
The Connected Communities Program will be delivered over 20 hours by experienced facilitators from Community Praxis Co-op. The focus of the workshops are on creating strong connections within communities to develop community initiatives and projects, whilst building the resources, capacity, resilience and leadership to creatively engage with your community. The workshops will be delivered weekly throughout June and July on a day selected by participants. Each workshop will run for a duration of four hours, with refreshments provided.
The workshop content will build three core learnings through interactive participation including:
- Exploring the kind of community residents want to live in;
- Exploring what blocks us from creating the community we want to live in; and
- Learning skills and methods to connect with others in our communities to create new initiatives.
View previous community projects delivered from the workshop training series.
Who can apply
Council is looking for up to 20 motivated individuals to participate in the Connected Communities Program.
- Reside in the Moreton Bay region;
- Currently, or would like to be, actively involved in their community;
- Interested in building new relationships with other inspired community members;
- Have ideas for positive community changes;
- Commit to a series of weekly 4-hour workshops throughout June and July; and
- Be able to travel to Caboolture to attend the workshops.
Workshops will be in Caboolture. Residents living, working or studying in Caboolture are encouraged to participate, as well as residents from the wider Moreton Bay Region.
How to apply
Interested residents are encouraged to attend an information session.
The information session will be held from 5.30 - 7.00pm on Thursday 14 June 2018 in the Supper Room of the Caboolture Memorial Hall, 61 - 65 King Street, Caboolture.
To register for the information session, please email Council at email@example.com or phone Council on (07) 3205 0555.