Do you have a great idea for a community project? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to meet people and form new friendships? Do you want to help shape the community you live in?
Then look no further. Connected Communities program is designed for residents who are passionate and motivated about their community. The program offers a series of workshops that aim to empower community members with the skills, confidence and connections to build on an existing community project, assist with ideas for a new initiative or help develop new relationships within the Moreton Bay Region.
The Connected Communities program will be delivered over 20 hours by experienced facilitators from Community Praxis Co-op, who bring a focus on creating strong connections within communities to develop the resources, capacity, resilience and leadership to creatively engage with their own issues. The workshops will delivered weekly throughout May on a day selected by participants. Each workshop will run for a duration of four hours, with lunch provided.
The workshop content will build three core learnings through interactive participation including:
- Exploring the kind of community residents want to live in;
- Exploring what blocks us from creating the community we want to live in; and
- Learning skills and methods to connect with others in our communities.
Who can apply
Council is looking for up to 20 motivated individuals to participate in the Connected Communities program.
- Reside within the Moreton Bay region;
- Currently, or would like to be, actively involved in their community;
- Interested in building new relationships with other community members;
- Have a community project they would like to implement (not mandatory);
- Commit to a series of weekly workshops throughout May 2017, with a follow up workshop in July 2017. The duration of each workshop is four hours; and
- Be able to travel to North Lakes to attend the workshops.
A central council venue will be utilised at North Lakes. Residents who reside in North Lakes are encouraged to apply for the workshops, as well as residents from the wider community.
How to apply
Council is now calling for an expression of interest (EOI) from community members to participate in the program. The EOI will close 23 April 2017. Please return the EOI form to email@example.com. Applicants will be notified by 1 May of the outcome of their application.
An information session is scheduled for Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at the Community Centre, The Corso, North Lakes, alternatively for further enquiries please call the Community & Cultural Programs team on (07) 3205 0555.
|19 April 2017
5.30pm - 7.00pm
|Program information session held in Meeting Room 1, Community Centre, The Corso, North Lakes
|1 April 2017
|23 April 2017
||Workshops delivered over 20 hours. Duration and frequency of workshops is determined by selected participants.
For more information about the Connected Communities program, please call the Community and Cultural Programs team on (07) 3205 0555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.